Atlas Shrugged Movie
Who says you need overhead wires for an electric locomotive? For all intents and purposes judging by the photo and the scenario suggested the story appears to moved into a hypothetical near future situation. The subway train I take into work everyday doesn't use overhead wires. Who is to say that in this hypothetical future of rail transportation a way to implement high speed rail without the need for overhead wiring hasn't been achieved? In fact I'm pretty sure it's already been done.

Who says the movie has to based in the same time period as when the book was written? While I can understand the need for nostalgia based on the time frame for when the book was written, the fact of the matter is this movie more then likely is not being made for the rail fan or train aficionados. It has been produced to reach a wider audience who may not "get" a movie based on a fictional past. To use gleaming F Units doesn't make sense from a box office dollars and cents point of view.

This not the first time Hollywood has messed with a time period and the plot to suit current events and present day scenarios. They did the same thing with the Bourne Trilogy. Which IMHO were awesome movies. This movie could turn out to be very good... it could also be horrible. Icon_lol

Messages In This Thread