Gondolas of Lake Terminal RR.
" First I replaced a small part of the triple valves and I added dirt collectors. Here I must start to drill a hole using a 0.2 mm (or 0.008”) dia drill bit for inserting the connecting pipe to the train line, the smallest hole that I drilled ever. "
The smallest "readily availabe" drill bit I can find is a #80, 0.0135". So, the question is where does one find a 0.2 mm bit?
Is this possibly manufactured for Jewelers, or watchmakers?
For those who haven't figured it out yet, 0.008" in HO (.696" )is very close to 11/16" (.6875")( OK 3/4" ) in HO scale.
That, is a very small drill bit ! ..........Do they break easily ??

" In picture you can see the first time colored models using a water-based acrylic paint and you see the very row surface of all the wood planks. I’m much affrighted how many details will be visible by such a macro-photography ( " )
Actually, that wood surface looks quite realistic. We have a tendency to "over-exaggerate" wood grain, for normal viewing. I like the appearance of the wood parts in your models, even magnified as much as they are.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread