Don't see this everyday!
SP1 Wrote:When you first mentioned that you will paint your backdrop, I was very skeptic. But the scene turned out incredibly good. H***y ****, I am lacking the proper words. You prolly mentioned it before, but I forgot - what will you do with the vacant lot in the foreground?

EspeeOne, Thanks for the very kind comments. Smile I admit I too was wondering if I could make the backdrop work. I had participated in an operating session on a layout that had a decent backdrop. The owner had hired an artist to do it. As I ran trains, I also studied the backdrop, and felt that I could do that too. The backdrop was done in oils, which is a different technique than my attempts, but I am quite pleased with how my stuff is coming along. There is still work to be done on the backdrop at the bayou in the photos above, the painted bridge needs weathering is one thing that comes to mind.

For the area in front of the tracks, I'll be doing what is at the prototype area. A donut shop, a fish market, and a gravel parking lot for trucks.

[Image: image.php?album_id=174&image_id=3234]

Also, the bridge thread can be found at: http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic...it=wayside

Messages In This Thread