Freelance 2011
The new planned south yard will be very simple structured. I need "something" to build transfer trains serving the north yard (harbor). That is the reason for the small 3 track yard. The pass through track and a siding with a possibility to get the engines on the other side complete the yard. The industry will be in the background and all served from one side.
My goals are
- relative long tracks within the given space to enable modern long switchers as far as possible (e.g. two Genset as worst case)
- no switching game, follow modern prototype rules for fast and easy switching
- separation of industry and a (micro) classification yard
- the individual industry spurs will be added as the buildings are added to the layout.
- tight curves/small radius are no problem because it is all some industry spur only. No fast trains are passing through.

My concern: six parallel tracks might look pretty boring... we will see :o

The overall length is 4 m / 13' and a wide of 0,60 m / 2'. The length must also include a 90° curve at each end. I have some curve turnouts. May be I use them to gain some length.

This is a schema only to illustrate the functional components and their relative position. Not a real track plan. I will do that with real turnouts and tracks on the cleaned up layout.
[Image: southyard01.jpg?t=1301529282]
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread