SSW Shelf Layout - You comments
SSWUPinSA Wrote:SCRATCH that!!!!! Bad Idea, throws the whole ISL out... I'll keep that for my "why did I buy that" Layout!

Don't give up on the ADM Grain Elevator, just "bash" it as in kitbash. If I could stop my car on the overpass where the 710 freeway crosses over the 5 freeway, U.P.'s Washington Street yard, and BNSF's Hobart yard, and get out and take pictures 360 degrees from that spot, you would see a dozen or more silos in East L.A. and South Central L.A. An industrial bakery will have silos for flour and tanks for corn syrup sweetener. A brewery will have silos for grain & hops, tanks for corn sweetener, and a separate vertical tank for each "brand" or flavor of beer they make. It is gone now, but there used to be the Great Western Malting Company that had a huge elevator complex in City of Commerce to store malt that I think they supplied to the brewing industry in Los Angeles. The only breweries left in Los Angeles now are Anheiser-Busch and Miller, and I think they bring in their own malt and store them at their respective breweries in silos.

Messages In This Thread