Northwest 22nd St, Miami
Hey hey progress and photos.

With the layout being at the back of my garage the light inside is poor and my auto settings on my camera really don't appreciate artificial light, so the photos aren't as good as I'd like, I'll be able to get it outside in the next couple of weeks of the natural light should show it better.

Anyway buildings have appeared track is painted and the first layer of grey ballast has been laid, then a sand layer will be added to get that floridian ground cover that miami downtown spur seems to have.
The buildings still need weathering and detailing, a few aircon units need fitting as do a few downspouts. Then they will all need a layer or two of dullcoat. The roads have been built but the second layer which will hold the sidewalks and forecourts to the front buildings need to go down, now I've got the correct paint I can get on and finish the sidewalks.

( Can anyone let me know what size the sidewalk slabs are in Florida, is it a standard size such 3'x2'? )
I've added a couple of photos that show the Bullfrog manual turnout machines that I ordered, they're laser cut wood and will hold switches to stock rails without springing in the turnouts. I haven't fitted them yet though so can't vouch for their abilities although I have tested them by hand and they seem fine.

Everything needs bedding down and general adding that fine finishing touches to get it to look like a real place. I've got a few trucks on order, I've sourced some spare tyres too for that little bit of rubbish.

Thanks for looking everyone.
Dave

Attached Files Image(s)

My Miami NW 22nd St layout and modelling blog http://dlmr.wordpress.com/ Please come by and leave a comment.

Messages In This Thread