Platform Scale Color Choice
Galen ...

As I recall, they were a dark green, similar to Floquil's RR40 Dark Green.

If anyone has a different memory, by all means give it! But I remember them being a darkish grren, pretty much the same green as the baggage wagons that used to sit on the platform, "wherever." The "parcel scale" usually sat against the depot wall, next to a freight door which opened to the platform, so the parcel could be weighed and put on the baggage wagon to wait for the next train, and be loaded onto the baggage car.

(My Granddad used to take me to watch the trains come through the East Stroudsburg station during my fourth summer, when I stayed with my grandparents for a week, while my Mom and Dad were at the Methodist Church's Annual Conference, at which Dad would find out if the Bishop had reassigned him to the same church for another year, or if we would be moving to a new church. But I do remember seeing the DL&W's "Phoebe Snow" in the morning with a steam locomotive on the point, and then come back through in the afternoon with a brand new, bright and shiney gray and maroon diesel up front.) Big Grin
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread