EFfingham RailRoad
Thanks for the absolution of 'modeller's guilt' guys.

You are right about Bing and Google being great research tools, although I must admit that Google Earth leaves both of them for dead. I will add that while useful, they cannot be taken as gospel, because the postmark date doesnt always gel with the actual photo shown. Case in point, until late last year the Google view of EFRR showed the Bunge/Hodgson Mill building as its original size when it had been doubled in size for at least 3 years, yet the postmark date at the bottom would lead you to think it was the most current view.

There are without a doubt some very interesting Industrial Switching Layouts [ISL] being designed and constructed at the moment so we are very fortunate to be able to 'liberate' some ideas for use on our own layouts.

Remember we never beg, borrow or steal anything, even ideas, we simply 'Liberate' them for the cause, whatever that maybe. Icon_lol

I have found it to be useful to regularly Google 'Effingham Railroad' as well as checkout Effingham on RRpicturesArchive, to catch things of interest. I recently caught some new pictures of EFRR #2716 in action unloading crushed rock aggregate from what is effectively a small unit train of Vulcan hoppers at the Mid Illinois Concrete bulk materials site on the EFRR. I was very pleased to find these new pictures which included a cab view from #2716 as well as some background details of Mid Illinois Concrete.

Yesterday I again Googled 'Effingham Railroad' and I found some video taken on the same day as the above mentioned photos, showing #2716 moving and then #2716 beginning the unloading of the second hopper in the consist.

A very exciting find indeed. 2285_

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More

Messages In This Thread