Backdrop at the Team Track
Gary S Wrote:Hey, I've gotten to where the thought is always in the back of my mind.... "can that be used for my scenery?" I've picked up dirt from probably 10 different places - different textures, different colors. I've found dirt in colors of almost white, light gray, dark gray, tan, and brown, mostly from dirt roads, but you can also find powdery stuff on older asphalt roads too. Just take a broom and start sweeping the stuff into piles. Those in the know always caution about magnetic particles, so maybe run a magnet through the stuff first... but if it is going to get a good soaking of white glue to hold it down, like would be done with ballast, I'm not so sure that the magnetic stuff is that big of a problem.

Cheers And that sounds like the best description of the moment when one makes the final move from toy trains, to model railroads--------that point, where the mind thinks-- " can be used for my scenery, or as part of a building, or for water, etc,,etc.,etc.."......that point where LPBs stop being "figures", and become "inhabitants".

I am really becoming seriously interested in your approach to backdrops. That is working, like nothing else I've ever seen.
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread