Start of a kit-bash project
Puddlejumper Wrote:How bad is the difference between the Bachmann couplers and the coupler height gauge?

Are you using an HO or On30 height gauge?

Can you place both on a piece of track and snap a photo for us to see the difference?

I wonder if Kadee has some over or under set couplers that you could put into the stock Bachmann coupler boxes that will bring those rolling stock into compliance without having to modify the equipment.

It is off by the whole knuckle its self, an over knuckle would do the trick but I do not think they make them in On3 an Ho one might couple. The On30 height gauge comes with an On3 coupler. Will post a pic showing the difference some time in the morning. Have had similar problems with S gauge trains but not this bad as they would at least mate up enough to stay coupled. Will be working on the kitbash project in the morning as I have 2 windows in my small work area that let in a lot of light in addition to the ceiling light from mid morning to just before sunset. Did not plan it that way it just was dumb luck.

Messages In This Thread