Canon camera question re batteries
I have a Canon S51S that I've had for about two years now and have never had any problems with the batteries (4 AA's) dying very fast. I use the camera to shot both photos and video's and the batteries seem to last a long time. Several times this past year, when I've been rail fanning, in addition to shooting plenty of photos; I've shot as many as 6 video's, each lasting from 2 minutes to as long as 6 minutes and still had plenty of power left. So I can't comment on why some others would be eating up batteries so fast. I do always carry plenty of spare batteries, because as you well know, they will go dead at the worst times.

I must admit that when I purchased the camera, I thought that I'd be changing batteries rather frequently, but have been very pleasantly surprised to find that hasn't been the case. Takes great photos!

My wife has a little Olympus digital camera that uses 2 very hard to find and expensive batteries and that little thing will eat up those batteries very fast. Then it's time to go on an expedition to try and replace them!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread