Best day of my life
ezdays Wrote:
Mike Kieran Wrote:Don, do people really complain about that? I've been to Phoenix and it wasn't too bad. You just have to carry a water bottle or chew gum to keep from going dry. Besides, the events are indoors.
Yeah, you're right, even the game tomorrow is in a domed and air conditioned ballpark. Some people can't take it, like last week when it got up to 118, that's hot, but remember, it's a dry heat. When the humidity is in the single digits and the dew point is negative, it's dry. Still, it's rare to see any national conventions being held here in the summer. It's been years since we've even seen one of the traveling train shows, like " World's Greatest Hobby" or "Great Train Expo" here and we're the sixth largest city in the country. I don't know, but someone must not like coming here.

If they can hold conventions in Vegas, they can hold them in Phoenix. It's just a shame that conventions aren't held in New York City. I understand some things may be expensive, but the railroad history here is phenomenal. I just wish that there were more than 2 model railroad clubs and more model railroads in the city itself.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.

Messages In This Thread