Flex vs Sectional.
nachoman Wrote:Flextrack = nearly limitless possibilities for track and curve arrangements
Sectional track = limited possibilities for track and curve arrangements.

Some people simply are not adept at thinking too far outside the box, and having set curve radii creates parameters that such an individual can work with and not feel overwhelmed with possibilities. But the reality is, for a convincing and realistic layout, one must consider all aspects during every phase of layout construction (the big picture). From that philosophy, even flextrack has limitations.

And then there is the issue with flextrack taking more skill and patience to lay properly. Some people are willing to sacrifice design possibilities for smoother running and hassle-free track. If I wasn't very good at soldering rails, had issues with muscle coordination or pain in my hands, or poor with math and geometry, I'd probably opt for sectional track, too.

Kevin,I find the opposite to be true..Using sectional track makes you think ahead like chess.

One needs to think beyond the box and need above average track planing skills to use sectional track on a ISL.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!

Messages In This Thread