3 houses in Poughkeepsee,NY
IndyCity Wrote:Btw:
Someone on this board, who lives in or near Poughkeepsee,NY ?
Perheaps he can help me to solve the final mystery:
On the parking lot there are two stopping positions for cars next to the houses. What are they for ?

I'm only guessing, but it looks like they are designated spots for temporary parking while unloading the groceries, kids, or anything else that needed to be taken from the car to the home. I noticed numbers painted, and there are also numbers on some of the other spots - at least the "2" is in two places. They are the only two spots close to the stairways, and one is painted out, as parking there would block the lot entrance, and the "no park" is there to keep vehicles from blocking the "single"( looks like it is the other "1" ) parking spot.

I never lived in Poughkeepsie, but my Uncle did, and I have been there many times, when I was younger. After my grandparents were gone, the family celebrated Thanksgiving Day at my uncle's house on Ridgeview Road, about three miles East of the Hudson River.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread