EFfingham RailRoad
It would appear that Fred Frailey of TRAINS magazine has visited the Effingham Railroad [EFRR] and has written about his visit in his web blog. There are a number of photos included in the article as well as a track plan.

I was surprised by the article as it sort of crept up on me as I was searching the web.

As far as progress on my EFRR goes, I have been adding to my fleet of railcars by buying mostly covered hoppers but I also placed an order with my LHS for 4 Ortner 40' Aggregate cars [Walthers Platinum line] and 2 Bulkhead Flat Cars [Atlas Trainman].

I specifically ordered the Ortners because they are available in Vulcan Materials lettering and so saved me having to detail such cars. They were a bit pricey, but the biggest surprise was just how heavy the cars are.

I suspect that one of my next purchases will have to be a set of small scales to enable me to accurately weigh each car to make sure it complies with NRMA standards. At least on covered hopper car I bought recently seems to be under-weight and it probably is which is surprising.

I ordered in the bulkhead flatcars because one of EFRR and TQW's [the run thru warehouse] key customers is in the habit of receiving regular shipments of particle board sheet packs for use in cabinetry and when you employ 600 people you are bound to need a lot of materials.

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More

Messages In This Thread