Walther's New Steel Industry ~~ **Future Plans**
Bigsteel Wrote:it makes sense but wouldnt the top levels bracing to the floor cover up some of the lower levels?

There would be vertical supports that would block the view of the lower levels slightly. I was going to use 2x2's for vertical supports. I was also going to put each vertical support for each level in a row. Lets say that the top level has a support somewhere in the middle of the level running to the floor. The middle layer would have a vertical support running to the floor in the same exact spot as the level above. The bottom would leevl would do the same so when you stand back and look at it, you only see one support running down to the floor in that particular spot for all 3 levels.

On my old layout which is made with a very sturdy 2x2 frame with 1/2" plywood base and 2x2 vertical supports, the supports are spaced every 42" Construction on this future layout would be much the same in the spacing of the supports. My old layout serves as a work bench, and with my shelf layout, i had to stand on my workbench to do work on it. It was plenty strong to hold me up without bending or bowing, granted im only about 150 pounds, but..... lol

Bigsteel Wrote:about the haers site,you kinda really have to search for them,but heres an example of the massive buildings and details.its a open hearth furnace form pittsburgh steel http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage?col...mem_1OfW:: just click on the images then download as an adobe file and you should be able to open them.they are also VERY high resolution.--josh

Thanks for the tips about the site and stuff. I wasnt able to look at it last night, i got pretty tired fast and the girlfriend wanted to talk on the phone Misngth and today im just on in the morning, so ill have to try and check out the site later tonight when i get back home Misngth

I did click on the link you posted above and WOW those are huge! Im going to take a closer look at those plans later, im not using an OHF but they are still interesting to look at Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread