What Era, Railroads, & Locomotives are you set on?
rrinker Wrote:Strasburg's locos aren't exactly tiny. Not huge, relative to a Class A or a T-1, but they aren't little teakettles.

Yes, I suppose, but then again, its hard to see it that way with the RR Museum of PA just across the street. Even the E6 Atlantic they have across the street looks a bit more imposing, and i figured that would be considered a smaller class of locomotive.

Again, I realize there are practical issues involved and its not necessarily economical (or even realistic) to "reactivate" larger steam locomotives. Given what Michael said earlier, that "big" looking Pennsy Atlantic might not be able to handle the train given the circumstances. I suppose its just that it bugs me that a piece of the past is sitting there, it exists outside of old pictures and the memmories of the few left who saw them go. Its like they're trapped in limbo. Not razor blades, but still lifeless. They're stuffed and mounted, but deceptively so, i suppose. Sometimes it looks like all they need is a little maintenance.

ah well, at least they're still around.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread