What Era, Railroads, & Locomotives are you set on?
The Sagaponack Montauk and Cindys Harbor RR, being a wholly owned subsidiary of the Sag Harbor Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Company, and also a modern - "working" - Museum and Railroad, in the U.S. Northeast, can get away with operating just about anything that rides on 4' 8-1/2" gauge.
It's a " I don't paint Rembrandt's, I paint originals " thing.
Then, there's the modules, where anything goes... C&O, B&O, D&H, Clinchfield, Long Island, SP&S, WP, N&W, -- steam and diesel, mostly freight.

Quote doctorwayne: " For good-looking locos, my favourites by far are NYC's Hudsons: J-1, original J-2, and J-3. I can see something attractive in almost any steam loco, though. "

I have to agree on the "Hudsons", and almost any steam loco. Personally, it's the articulated locos that I like best. ( right up to, but not including the 4-8-8-4 ) ... someday I'll figure out why I can't seem to find that one "attractive".
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread