Southern Pacific Switching Layout
Justinmiller171 Wrote:I set up a mockup of the upper right portion of the layout, I tried operating it and I don't really know if I like it, I will try some different arraignments later.
Well that's the thing to do. Temporarily put down the track and try operating it and see how it works and feels. If it doesn't suit your overall plan, then try something else. Even with just those two industries, I'd have thought there would have been a fair amount of switching.

I've tried out the alternate version of my track plan where a trans-load track is located where I had the chocolates plant and moved the chocolates plant to where the lumber company spur was located; a simple matter of removing one of the structure mockups. After operating it a couple of times, I've decided to put things back the way they were. Same amount of operation in so far as the number of possible car spots, but the trans-load track just doesn't feel right for my industrial spur. Only big drawback so far is that I've fallen in to the old trap where I can actually operate the layout, so nothing else is getting done!

But remember, there is no rush! Think it through, try out some different track arrangements and/or potential industries before you settle on something final.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread