Southern Pacific Switching Layout
steinjr Wrote:
Justinmiller171 Wrote:I ordered the subscription to RMC over 6 weeks ago and I haven't gotten anything yet, this is probably due to the hurricane.

The city manager of Newton, NJ reported on September 1st that there are still were 48 homes without power in Newton, but that the town had not suffered extensive damange during Irene and the aftermath : http://www.newtontownhall.com/blog.aspx?CID=2

Carstens can be slow with new subscriptions (and renewals) even at the best of times. At least in my experience - but it might be harder for them to deal with foreign customers.

Smile,
Stein

Seriously? I suppose I should believe it, last saturday I got caught behind a Convoy of utility trucks from Georgia getting off at my exit of the NJ turnpike, so they definitely weren't heading home. Still, I don't think the weather should be significantly holding up that subscription, I think that it just usually takes time for such things. Fortuneately, apart from power outages, and not totally unexpected flooding, I don't think there was a lot of damage. Most people i've talked to (today I met someone who lives in Atlantic City, a mile or two south of where the hurricane made landfall) say they feel it was unnecessary for our governor to evacuate everyone.

I would just call them up during business ours and politely asked if they have recieved your order. If there is any trouble, they'll let you know.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread