Southern Pacific Switching Layout
FCIN Wrote:
Justinmiller171 Wrote:By the way, a drill track does not require the use of a run-around. It's simply a track (usually found in a yard) where you can make moves to switch cars without fouling the main track. In your case, the main line could be called a drill track when you are switching Consolidated, but I wouldn't call it that. It's simply the main or lead.

I know, Mike was saying that the right hand of the layout(The switching lead for the industries) could be used as a drill track, but there would be no way to keep cars there without trapping the loco.

The interchange track will be used as a drill track during the ops sessions, but there will be times where cars will need to be stored on the layout.

I should be getting the turnouts in a couple of weeks. In the meantime I will be cleaning off my old Atlas code 100
I have been cleaning off one piece all day, I used a lens cleaner wipe and it worked good at first, but after I ran the engine on it for awhile it has only gotten worse and worse Curse .
Getting track running reliably is definitely my least favorite part of this "Hobby" Icon_lol
Justin Miller
Modeling the Lebanon Industrial Railway (LIRY)

Messages In This Thread