Bachmann locos?
RobertInOntario Wrote:Thanks for all of this feedback folks -- very helpful. I was almost ready to consider getting one of these again until I read the comment above... There is a good chance that these locos are GP40 models as they were either GP30s or GP40s (can't quite remember). I don't run DCC so I'm not too concerned there.

Next time I make it back to this railway museum, if I see that they are GP40 models, I'll completely avoid them but might reconsider if they're GP30s, etc.

Thanks again,
Rob

Its probably a GP30, since i don't see any canadian GP40s, but there were CP GP30s available.

For some reason I thought the GP30 was formerly part of Bachmann's Spectrum line. I sometimes get the feeling that Bachmann is trying to gear their products towards kids, at least when i look at their diesel collection. its all very basic, few details to damage, even on the spectrum line. their EZ command set looks like a toy, and kids are the ones playing with it on the boxes.

again, the GP30 should be fine, but in general with bachmann products, always inspect before you buy.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread