Designing My HO-Scale Room Layout
Justinmiller171 Wrote:The Construction of my Ho-scale East-Rail Miami layout is nearing completion and I Began thinking of what I would do when the weather gets too bad to go out to my trainroom to work on my layout, I live in the California Foothills and During Winter and Spring the weather can get pretty bad, Heavy Rain( And Even Snow) During winter, and Rain and Hail during spring. I Decided to build an around the walls shelf layout in my bedroom.

My Main Inspiration for this layout is once again Lance Mindheim. I was reading through the December 1996 Issue of MRR and it featured his Ho-scale Monon Layout, He had to build it in a bedroom so he built it 70" off the ground, I will be doing the same, I will be using a stool to work on the layout.

Edit: Another Inspiration for this project was some of Steinjr's Wonderful Designs he made for me back when I was too stubborn to realize I needed a smaller layout, http://www.trainboard.com/grapevine/show...p?t=118794

Hi Justin,
i do not understand the above, it might be i am not a native speaker. So please help me.
In another thread you just ordered track for a Palmetto Spur version.
In this thread you are planning to build a version of Lance Mindheim's East Rail, which was almost completed and
above all you seem to need gaining experience, so you start building a 8x4; the Arkansas Southern.
BTW as far as I know his Monon Layout was an N-scale empire with a peninsula, lots of pics appeared in MRR=magazine, especilly about a little stream through the fields.

Smile
Paul

Messages In This Thread