My Favorite Railroad Forum
Same, I love this forum more than the others. I can see where puddlejumper is coming from, it can get quiet here, but the more we post the more this fixes itself.

I think one of the biggest reasons I love these forums is that I almost never have a sense of dread opening a thread notification email. Some "Railroad" forums on the ".Net" are full with stuck up maniacs. My favorite part of those forums is that you can sign on and be accused of not being a model railroader if your budget does not permit you to go out and buy everything in your local hobby shop, or if you can't synthesize a super-detailed passenger car from pocket lint. The only reason I even tolerate that forum is because its the only place that I can have a reasonable discussion on commuter modeling and reasonable expect the other people to know what I'm talking about.

The best part about this place, is that most of the membership is vaguely aware of each other, and until recently, would converse regularly on the chat function (lately I've been unable to sign on with any regularity).

This connection may be the most valuable part of the forums. We're more like an open, virtual club than a railroad forum with thousands of members and trillions of threads in just a day.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread