Rebuilding and digitalizing a brass gasoline rail coach
Hallo, an old modeling project is back on my worktable – my unfinished rail coach.

After last discussions I added a red LED into the “back-up lamp” – see here. I rearranged the wiring and prepared the inner lighting and then – a diode flashed up and the decoder did not more react. Ok, this was a case for longer advisements and replacement the decoder – until last week.
The problem was to replace the destroyed LED because resistors were placed inside of model behind the LED, also I must do a bigger repair. However all is done and now I think if I should insert small LEDs into all four marker lamps? Unfortunately I do not know the use of correct colors of these marker lamps or should I say classification lamps?
I found this link - for using white, green and red marker lamps.
However I’m not sure how I should use the marker lamps because I can insert white LEDs only. My rail coach has a white front lamp and two red back lamps when it will run forward, similarly is realized for running backwards. Should the marker lamps are lightened only at front side or also at back side? Should the marker lamps are shining only at front and change to backside depending from running direction of the coach? What do you think about this?
Please write your mean or ideas for solving my problem. It will be a great help to me. Thank you very much for your answers.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread