Rebuilding and digitalizing a brass gasoline rail coach
Wayne,

thank you very much for your extensive explanations of use of marker lights/classification lamps.
Your thought written in third part of your answer gives a good idea for realizing however I would like to use a more attractive solution. Can I write it and ask you and all others for your arguments?

First of all, such a rail bus and also this model will/must run in forward direction chiefly. So my wished lighting idea should make a sense. I let run the bus as an extra and it must have white classification lamps at front. Because I have at end two red lamps marking the train end (and I can unlit them when an additional car will be hooked on) so I must not use additional red marker lights at end.
The absolute exception will be a backward run over the line. This will be an “extra” in each case and than I should have also two white classification lamps at end of model. The model has got a red backward run lamp at front after last modification and so this “train” will be secured at and by a (one) red lamp.
The third case will be switching the rail bus. For this case white front and back lamps are shining an all red and marker light/classification lamps are unlit.
What do you think about this? Can this be also a solution for my rail bus? However installing red diodes will not be a problem to me; I ordered enough white and red LEDs also for use to next projects.

Thank you very much for your discussions and arguments.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread