0perations on the Kings Port Division
The first part of the new sequence I'm trying is to move the cars sitting at the West Mill float yard onto the car float so the yard tracks can be clear for a transfer that will be coming from Kings Port. This takes several moves with no more than two cars being loaded at a time to prevent excessive tipping or capsizing the float.

[Image: 025.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2812.jpg]
The tugboat "Robert H." is ready to pull the loaded carfloat away from the float bridge.

The first real train train will be the Float Transfer, a collection of Kings Port & Western cars the Penn Central is moving from Williams Yard in Kings Port to the car float yard in West Mill. Since Williams Yard isn't actually part of the layout, I use existing track to represent what might be the yard entrance to the yard "off-layout". At the start of the operating session I place these KP&W 50 footers on a spur that will later be important as location to set out cars. Right now, however, its one of the tracks of Williams Yard.

[Image: 016.jpg]

[Image: 012.jpg]
A Pennsey SD9 is called from the loco yard (the first track on the right of the engine yard) and couples the KP&W cars together. With two operators I imagine one person assembling this train while the other is busy on the other side of the room loading the car float.

[Image: 013.jpg]
The train rolls out with a PC transfer caboose at the end, which was set up on the hidden part of the spur (under the bridge beyond La Roche Manufacturing) that the cars were on.

Messages In This Thread