Introducing The PistonBroke Line
OBJack Wrote:
Russ Bellinis Wrote:Jack I see a couple of possible problems that can probably be fixed while it is still in the bench work under construction stage. If you track is more than about 24 inches from the front edge and you can't access it from the other side, you won't be able to reach it if a train derails at the back, and you know how Mr Murphy's law works.
Hey ya Russ, That Murphy fella sits on my shoulder day and night causing untold havoc, Wallbang so I appreciate your concern and the time you obviously took to read the post.
The problem is that the layout was constructed a year or so ago (wow sorry, nearly three yrs ago)so there is no going back, however there is only one side... that is the left side in the plan...that I cannot access from either side of the benchwork, ie: it is against a wall, so no real dramas....yet.
Thank you gentlemen for your encouragement, once again you have spurred me on to try to add another chapter to this
shaggy dog story of a newbys' journey of discovery into the world of model trains .
:hey:

Micro-Mark has an item that might help you to reach hard to reach areas on the layout. I was trying to link to the item on their web site, but I can't find it there, and attempts at using their search function were useless. They offer a step ladder that is a bit hard to describe, it is designed to cantilever over the top of a layout so that you can reach down to the back of the layout. Our house is in disarray with construction, so I can't find my current catalog to get a part number to use to post a link with.

Messages In This Thread