Someone is close to 3000
Puddlejumper Wrote:At another forum I used to be a member at, the moderators were funny and liked to "mess with people". Whenever someone mentioned their post count, the mods would reset their post count to zero. Then it would start over again, and the mods kept a running list of who just got reset and what their post count was. Then, when the nest person that mentioned their post count got reset, they would give the last person back their posts, added to what they had gotten since reset. So there was never more than one member that was reset. It was all in good fun, and well known amongst the members, but every once in awhile someone would forget and mention their post count and get reset.

I only mention this because I think it is funny that I still live in fear of the reset, I don't even look at my post count, even though I don't even frequent that forum anymore, and I know things are different here! Cheers
You can put away your fears here since we have no way of tampering with anyone's post count. Nope Well, I guess we could if we were to delete all your posts, :o but no fear of that happening either unless you were a spammer. We take special delight in taking these guys down, and it's even more fun when they don't even have a chance to post (oh, we have ways of knowing) 357 To some people, post counts are like a badge of honor, but for the most part, we here just like to know that our members participate, it's quality no quantity that counts, and we have the best of that here. Thumbsup Thumbsup On the old forum, we used to congratulate members when they hit milestones of every thousand posts, but we haven't been doing that here. I guess we kind of either got lazy, or just felt it wasn't a key element for how this forum runs. Still, we welcome all posts because we can always learn a bit from each one, and that's one thing I've always said, we have quality here, not only as a learning tool, but many posts are just plain fun to read and a delight to see at all the photos. Welcome

Remember too, Mikey and I have high post counts because of some of our activity behind the scenes, in addition to what you see here. Smile On the other hand, Gary has set the pace for us all...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread