"N"ew to "N" scale
Hi and welcome ! Welcome
I have used Peco code 55 flex and electro-frog turmouts for years now. Peco's code 55 is 55 on the outside but 80 on the inside so older stuff and Micro-trains regular profile wheels will run on it just fine. The electro-frog switches keep short wheel base locos from stalling. That said Peco is from the other side of the pond so the tie spacing is a little farther apart then on this side of the pond. While the difference isn't that much you need to check it out for yourself. Atlas and Micro Engineering has code 55 and Atlas has code 80. My problem with them is they are very easy to kink and break. Also code 80 looks way out of scale to me but then that is personal preference of course. Most any DCC system that works in HO will work in N (or any other scale for that matter). I have a Bachmann Easy command that I have tried on On30 and N scale layouts and it did fine on both. On rolling stock Atlas, Kato and Micro-Trains are the top of the line in R-T-R in my opinion. These are just my personal choices but there are other good choices out there.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string

Messages In This Thread