Laying Peco code 55 track using caulk: problems
Videobruce, I've been following this thread ( silently ). Whereas I am a living fossil, and rather set in my ways, I have never arrived at the conclusion that glue, is a proper way to hold track down. But then, I've never laid track according to a plan.
Even then, it is sometimes necessary to lift the track and slightly re-position it. so, I use rail spikes to hold the rail in place.
The glue part comes in ( once the track is set and runs well ), when the ballast is added. This then locks the track where it is.
My old module set has a "back table" for the narrow gauge.    
That Flextrack has never been ballasted, and has endured rough transport to and from shows for twenty years, with nothing but track spikes holding it in place, on a Homasote roadbed.
So much for "grumpy olde man". ( check out my signature )
It is great to see you asking, and so many willing to help. This, is where Big Blue shows its "stuff". Welcome to the world of model railroading, among friends. Once you've reached a point where you can start taking pictures......post a few!
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread