Laying Peco code 55 track using caulk: problems
I may be late to the party but this is MY method for joining track sections.These are simply suggestions from me to you.

first remove several ties from the ends of both pieces to be joined

second cut the rail to length.

third if you have used rail nippers you will most likely feel a burr on the bottom of the rail,holding both track and file level remove this burr.

fourth on the top of the bottom web file the ends to a downward angle (does not need to be much just enough to make it easier to slide the rail joiner on,you may find it easier to put the joiner on if you file a slight angle on each lower corner.It may also help to file the web (verticle part of the rail between base and railhead) to a shallow V.This will make it easier to slide the joiner on.

Now lay the track where you want it and replace the ties.Peco turnouts have special ties at the ends that are modified so that the joiners slide on without any tie removal.Peco used to sell these ties seperately though I don't know if they still do.

If you are soldering lengths of flex track together to make longer pieces make sure the you solder the sliding rails together.Also I reccomend that you always put the sliding rail on the inside of curves.

When I started to type this I did not plan for it being this long. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"

Messages In This Thread