N-scale?
hi Brakie,

please read Justin's first entry. He did not mention he is limited to a HCD only, he even provided us with with a drawing of a small 11x8 room.
Just having a 6' 8" x 2' 8" Hollow Core Door in that space did not seem very ambitious to me. Justin filled in "the why" later.
BTW "less is best" is a void statement until you have seen his plans. In the same room he could build a more engaging layout without any overcrowding.

My normal scenery?? You are dreaming lots Larry. Let me put it mildly, it depends on the wishes of the owner of the layout. Urban, suburban or rural, i like them all.

And about the extra meeting spot hidden behind a hill. I would not use it often or maybe not use it at all, just because it is hardly visible. The minute extra waiting time would not bother me. As I said, this might be a matter of taste.

Justin,
you could place the HCD in the centre of your room, with a narrow shelf along the long wall. It would open up the till now hidden passing siding.
The possible 11' long shelf can be used in many ways, just for staging is one of the possibilities. I do agree with you however, if this is just a project till this summer, why bother at all, just start building the Carolina Central.

Paul

Messages In This Thread