Introducing The PistonBroke Line
Hi All,
Jack's Back, Gather 'round , It's time for show and tell again.

Thanks Herc Driver, the space thing was all I could get from the "War Office", as we don't have basements over here it had to be somewhere that was underutilized but still accessible, and I guess the size it is, anywhere else would have been a problem and caused world war 3.

So where were we going with this thing? Confusedhock:
We have got bits of track going around on top of a bit of foam on a bit of real-estate we probably couldn't afford, and a train that sort of operated on those tracks.
Now The War Office shes telling me... "Its gotta be more than this Jack,for the mess your making here The Anklebiters need a bit more 'Bang for their Buck.' And so do I " :hey: At least that's what I think She said.
I don't always listen to all she says.

Don't get me wrong,
I had a lot of fun melting the sleepers while soldering the feeder wires (which was wire we had used for the auto retic of the garden ) to the rails Goldth .......

...... and soldering my eyebrows and the feeder wire to the bus wire ...Which was left over electrical wire we had used for wiring up our house ......... don't ask what gauge that is, but it conducts electricity. Eek
Yep got every bit of left over stuff you will ever need .....you never know when etc.. Thumbsup

Here is 'The War Office' Ultimatum
1: We needed to give our little baby a heart transplant to run on DCC
2: I needed to attend classes ...Namely Scenery making 101 :geek:
3: We needed to jazz up the surrounds a bit... Like scenery and stuff 2285_
So after getting permission from the Fat Controller .....ie the bank manager... we went and purchased a $35 Digitrax DZ143 decoder Big Grin even tho it had all the wires to run lights we only needed the 4 which would enable the engine to take digital commands from our cab
Here She is undressed with her new heart
[Image: 100_0884.jpg]

Just had to be careful to isolate the body from the motor, which was transferring the electrical current to the two motor bushes in her old DC days, And this actually required some surgery to cut a bit of the two halves away and put insulation tape in there to stop it shorting. A job for Jack ........ Hammer. Shoot
Then attach the Black and red wires to either side for the pickup, and the grey and orange wires to either side of the motor. 24

Yes I was about as dainty as an old elephant. But it was a fairly simple op and DCC is all standardised so the wire colours don't change for what they do no matter who makes them. The only problem sometimes is finding a place to put the decoder under the Body Shell. This was a Z or N scale decoder as well so was reasonably small and it was able to slot into the drivers cab with him. Smile-<
[Image: 100_0885.jpg]

So all back together and we have an operating RR
[Image: 100_0490.jpg]

That's No. 1 Ticked off the list
Now No. 2 lets just skip that one... Well I did read a few books.......... looked at the pictures anyway. Don't tell you know who.
So No. 3 some scenery ...............I'm well equipped to paint some sky by now

Its only some blue bits with some white bits isn't it?
SO... a blank canvas
[Image: 100_0458.jpg]

A dab of paint
[Image: 100_0459.jpg]

A bit more
[Image: 100_0460.jpg]

And it finally ended up like this
[Image: 100_0462.jpg]

It wasn't flash but if you stand back a bit at 1 o'clock in the morning after a few drinks... it was passable
So we did another 3 Masterpieces. and put them behind the bench for a backdrop
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the first thing Jack did then, was to cover the sky in cliffs.
The sky wasn't that good guys. :oops:

Here is a cliff hanger from Go to Whoa

[Image: 100_0492_00.jpg]

[Image: 100_0493_00.jpg]

[Image: 100_0495.jpg]

Some paint
[Image: 100_0497.jpg]

[Image: 100_0507.jpg]

Then some greenery and water
[Image: 100_0508.jpg]

Then a train
[Image: 100_0508.jpg]
Early days yet..........
....I have added a bit more green stuff, trees and ground cover since, and will plant more next time it rains.

I know it is not up to the standard of you folks here, but it is all new to me, and I am enjoying the challenge and the experience of this new hobby immensely.

Wakey Wakey Folks, It's all over. Hope some of you can call back next week. Cheers
Now I'm Talking to much, Bye for now

Jack

Rabbit
LIFE....
..... Abandon the search for truth
Look for a good fantasy

Messages In This Thread