Paper Model questions
Actually, I used examples from both Jefferson Street and Commerce Street: the illustration showing the use of contact cement is on a Commerce St. flat, and others are shown in the last two photos of that same post. I have quite a few more Commerce St. flats already built, and a couple of Jefferson St. ones yet to be done. Most will be used on the still-unbuilt second level of the layout, and a couple on the layout now need to have foreground structures and scenery added to bring them to their full potential.

As for the white glue issue, I think that its use is not recommended mainly because the inks used are water-soluble. Thinning the glue may acerbate the problem, so it may be best to test somewhere inconspicuous. Spray adhesive, such as used for mounting photographs, should work, and perhaps those rub-on glue sticks, too. After the paper was mounted on the styrene, I oversprayed all of the paper with Dullcote, as I don't want to watch the images run or disappear if I'm applying scenery or ballast nearby. Eek Misngth Misngth

Wayne

Messages In This Thread