New Layout Started
Chuck Wrote:The line going south from Milwaukee Junction is now the Detroit Connecting, owned by the Adrian and Blissfield. Last summer the DCon was running about 4 days a week. The track is active until it enters the Dequindre Cut -- the cut is being turned into a walking/jogging path now. The DCon parks its 44 tonners between Farnsworth and Frederick, two blocks east of Russel (I-75), if you're interested in getting a look. There are a lot of very cool industrial buildings and sites in and around Detroit that would make great models. Are you planning on modeling the cement plant down by the river? There is also the Globe building and some cool warehouses around that area (complete with some tracks in the street too!).Chuck

I'm planning on getting in as much as possible. If I do put in the cement plant, I'll have to change the direction of the spur which is ok. Globe Trading might be the new GERN Plant. GTW Warehouse will also be set in the first corner also. Got to play with the paper track and turnouts to see where I set with space. I think using track templates and mock building footprints will aid me.
Haven't had much time this past week to do anything more than drywall mudding. Wife had HD's for me. Worship
Member of: GRAND TRUNK WESTERN HISTORICAL SOCIETY
[Image: image.php?mode=thumbnail&album_id=229&image_id=4521]

Messages In This Thread