Undecided
Still seems a bit confusing. No need to make things complicated! The reality is that building is pretty small. Also, it doesn't really fit with the modern locomotives (I see a Conrail Dash-8 in your Avatar and a Norfolk Southern Dash-8 in the background of one photo, making this a 90s and up era building).

Now, the last few weeks I've been all over Pennsylvania's electrified system (a trip through most of Philadelphia through SEPTA, as well as a ride out to Harrisburg, PA on Amtrak). There are plenty of building exactly like that along those mainlines. I noticed two general patterns-

1.) The rail-dock was abaondoned, if not the whole structure. Several however only had room for two or three boxcars anyway, if that, and so this is not entirely unrealistic.

2.)If the building was still getting rail service, it was usually extending out of the building itself, with either an outside loading dock, or some form of Trackmobile, industrial locomotive or car mover to shift cars around. I saw several areas where the "old" freight doors appeared to be out of use, but an adjacent loading dock had a line of a few box cars.

Personally, I think you should just park some boxcars around it if you really like the building. At the very least, it will look plausible until you have a good story.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread