Undecided
steinjr Wrote:
Brakie Wrote:Seriously a industry that small would use trucks-unless the layout was set in the steam era and I see a NS locomotive so that rules that out.

Why do I think that?

Modern boxcars would overwhelm that industries receiving department area even a 53' trailer would strain their receiving area-allowing for this area to be use as shipping/receiving and limited warehouse/raw material storage area-that means production would be on the second floor.

Depending, of course, on whether this building is the entire industry.

Which is why I asked if the track could go through the building, so there could be an area behind the building where cars could be unloaded by fork lifts, which then take the stuff into the production or warehouse building - which is just off the edge of the layout, in the aisle.

Smile,
Stein

Stein,As small as that building is let's hope production is in a larger off layout building if not then trucks would serve it better since that small building would require a breakroom,rest rooms,office space,a shipping/receiving area,small storage area which leaves a small production area on the second floor.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!

Messages In This Thread