Survey say's
Scale: HO (more variety of equipment and I can still see it and work with it!) Over the years have had N scale, HOn3 and even have a large scale (1:29th) switching layout that I entertain the niece and nephew with when they come over. Always wanted to switch to O scale, but too much invested in the HO (and too old) to consider swapping scales again!

Layout: 100% switching layout under construction - but in operation. All my layouts have always been point to point (usually based on some prototype short line), but since switching is really my thing, I've gone to just modeling an industrial spur. Find it to be very relaxing to spend an hour or so placing and pulling cars as required, without it becoming boring or too much like real work.

DCC: Switched to DCC a little over a year ago and have never looked back. Simpler wiring and better locomotive control.

Sound: I love the 4 sound equipped loco's I have, but I always reduce the sound volume so that it doesn't overpower you. Something on the order of the 100 yard rule - if I can just hear it from a scale 100 yards or so, then the volume is about right. Now and then, the sound gets on my nerves so will just use one of the non-sound loco's for a change of pace.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread