Bachmann's Geep
jwb Wrote:Well, Reinhard, you got me thinking: Trainworld has Bachmann HO GP50s in both Southern and NS for US$34.99, which I guess is comparable to the Euro price you got. If I were doing the Southern version, I'd try to remove the factory lettering but keep the tuxedo paint -- not sure if the NS lettering is better. But based on what I see in your photos, the overall shape of the loco is quite good, certainly a worthwhile "layout quality" loco, maybe even better quality than old wide-body bluebox Athearn, which for many years we thought were perfectly OK. I have an old VHS tape showing NS GP50s running through onto the Susquehanna-operated phase of the D&H.

I might try one.

I think some Athearn RTR models e.g. CF7 have more details and the shell is better. On the other hand run my ears havoc with the old RTR motor but the current Bachmann motors is a nice guy with a good DCC decoder.
For me is it much easier to add some details to the shell than to install a new motor/drive. Bachmann is for the ears, RTR for the eyes Smile I think you should give it a try at that price.
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread