river help needed
doctorwayne Wrote:Rather than cut the plywood, why not add a thin layer of foam where you want the millpond, keeping it below the nearby scenery (build-up the scenery if you have to), then add a dam at the downstream end of the pond. Use an even thinner layer of foam (or plaster over screen) to build-up the river banks downstream from the dam. It wouldn't have to be any higher than a layer of corrugated cardboard, as you can make the banks more distinct when you add trees and groundcover. The plywood between the two banks is the riverbed. The river can be level all the way to the stone culvert - the rising roadbed behind it will make it appear to be going downhill, and you can exaggerate this even more by building-up the banks as they get closer to the culvert.

Wayne
Thanks Wayne I can't say I didn't think of going with a thin layer for a base and building up the sides. I decided or should I say I commited myself to cutting out the top ( well especially once I got the jigsaw running ). I don't plan on a log dump, the river is more for scenery and a place for the sawmill workers to go for a dip. Icon_lol Once I found my sawmill base needed to be bigger I realized the river would have to have a smaller area by the bridge, the sawmill needs to be turned more, which is no biggy seeing as structures on angles usually look better.

[Image: img0424vj4.th.jpg]
For the upper I do plan on building up a bit, this is much easier on the upper level.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada

Messages In This Thread