A Challenge: Designing A new modular layout section
Catt Wrote:As for the "main" line if these are to be paired modules the only place you would really need the 9" centers would be at the extreme ends of the module set.

I have to ask the same question, which begs the next question - - - would your "two module SET" ever have to be separated, and placed in different locations ?

Because both of my three module sets, are a single scene, they are always considered " one long module ", and, in fact, the two track main "separation" of two inches, has to vary to accommodate the spacing of the bridges. I do have to adhere to the minimum radius specifications for any mainline track, but could move the interface points of the center module, and the inner end points of the adjoining modules, to allow some variation within "the scene".
( I don't, but I could ) Maybe it's a question you should ask of the group, just to see how much leeway you could have. Wink
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread