Model Train Production News
Well, this depresses me a little.

I HAVE NOT been a fan of Bachmann, though I really want to. After all, Bachmann has provided me with several electric models, and detail and (for the most part) functionally, they are fantastic.

when you consider that the only 12 E33s were built, and there were only ten by the end, you would think it an odd choice for a model. Bachmann's Acela set is also nice. the HHP8s are pretty good (I have issues with their PC board). They even re-ran the E60s.

The problem is, that I don't think anyone does any research over there. The paint schemes on Bachmann models are frequently wrong, and not just a little wrong. The models sometimes don't even really represent any existing engine.

The painful thing is that often, logos are placed in the wrong spot, or weird road numbers are used where it is genuinely unnecessary. I don't see how it would add to the cost to put the Conrail Logos on the right place on my E33s.

Bachmann made an E60 in Phase III Amtrak paint, and #974. So far as we can tell, #974 wasn't ever in Phase III with its old road number, most were renumbered into the 600 series when they were repainted (and rebuilt). Bachmann could have just put "603" or something on it, and it would have been just fine.

Don't even get me started on the Amfleets. Their paint schemes literally do not make sense, and show that somebody was just slapping on random red white and blue stripes and then called it a day. They charge you $40 for these cars, and they don't even decorate them properly. This is unnacceptable.

If bachmann is bringing in the profits, i better see them step up their game.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread