View New Posts Link
OK, we've got things sorted out. Here's the deal, I didn't see ngauger's post since it was on another page, and so I assumed that it was the software update that cause the change in our default timeout. :oops: :oops: My bad, but then again it's Sunday and I barely had time for my coffee yet. Remember, his is three hours ahead of my time. After discussing things with ngauger, we've decided to go back to limited the edit time to 48 hours rather than the 24 it was previously set at. There are a few reasons for this, one I already mentioned, but the other one is that we've had spammers register and posting seemingly normal "hello" posts and even replies to other posts, only to come back in a few days and edit their post to include their spam messages with lots of links. This will prevent that from happening. Anyway, two days should be plenty of time to catch any errors, change what you wanted to say or even add to your post. It is recommended that you don't make extensive changes to posts that have had a bunch of replies to already since people will tend to miss your changes. Rather just make a new post to clarify or add to what you already said.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread