Building an Airbrushing Booth.
Lester Perry Wrote:I am starting to build one and I might have unique Idea. I am going to use an old plastic storage bin. put a heater filter in it about 6 inches from the bottom. drill a hole in the bottom sized to attach a shop vac hose. I think you can figure out the rest. and as far as noise goes I have a long hose. Sump pump hose, It works great in my wood shop. What do you guys think?
Les

This also does not solve the problem of getting said fumes OUT of the room. You are filtering solids (particulates) with the heater filter, but not the fumes/VOCs/etc. Without the equivalent of a respirator's cartridge, you are simply spreading the fumes to somewhere else.

As Ray says above, if you're using water-based paints exclusively with compressed air, you *may* be ok. However, remember that even acrylic or other water-based paint in a spray bomb is using flammable butane for a propellant...! Same goes for some of the cans of propellant to use with cheaper air brushes. Even if the paint is water-based, the propellant can still be dangerous!

Andrew

Messages In This Thread