Building the Walthers N Blast Furnace ~~ Start to Finish
Next was to glue the Offtakes to the Lower Offtakes on the Furnace. Now the Furnace is almost complete. All that needs to be done is adding the handrails around the Bell Platform and painting. The handrails will be added after they have been painted yellow. The furnace also gets a nice coat of rust brown primer. That's the next step.

[Image: Step11.jpg]

Step 12
I sprayed the Furnace with rust brown primer and the handrails have been sprayed yellow. The paint is still wet and the flash on the camera was used for the furnace so that is why they look so shinny.

[Image: Step12.jpg]

[Image: Step12-1.jpg]

Step 13
Here is the finished Furnace with yellow handrails. You can see that the color is more of a rust brown and that the railings are a real eye catcher, just what I was going for.

[Image: Step13.jpg]

[Image: Step13-1.jpg]

Step 14
I started to assemble the Hoist House and Main Furnace Building. I sprayed the brick encasements on the columns grey, they were originally a yellow brick and looked really bad.

[Image: Step14.jpg]

[Image: Step14-1.jpg]

Step 15
Added 2 of the Main Furnace Walls. I painted them an Aluminum color and I will weather the heck out of em so that they look more like if has been there for a while like the rest of the furnace.

That is Myth Busters on the TV in the backround, love that show lol

[Image: Step15.jpg]

Messages In This Thread