Superstorm Sandy
ezdays Wrote:If it were me, I'd have bound and gagged the mayor and stuck him in a basement until power was restored..

I really do not know if I could have been that nice. Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_twisted

Mr Mayor, maybe YOU should have had a better plan ! Icon_lol
"Money Talks" - - - and it says; " Let Them Eat Cake "
:oops: :o :oops: maybe I should have said "soggy" cake.. Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_twisted
The true test, in the end, will be how quickly and efficiently communities can come together and help each other through the recovery process. It is going to take more than a couple of days, and it won't be fun until it is finished.
Been there,
Pete

If you follow the line of the railing on the top of the concrete block wall, to the left, there's a white wall, with two windows, and no support under it. Hurricane Carol ( 1954 ) took out the foundation ! The concrete block wall which was in front of our summer cottage, was taken shortly after this picture was shot. That wall was our last defense against the storm. Fortunately, the storm passed before the cottage, and all of us, would have gone into the bay.
There was 18" of "ground" left in front of the front wall of our cottage........then a drop of about seven feet. Had there been another 30 minutes of hurricane, there would not be a sumpter250 here, now.
I was 11, and I still remember carrying 100 pound bags of mortar mix,and an unremembered number of concrete blocks, down the 26 wood steps, from the parking area, to rebuild, and fortify a new wall, in the days after the storm passed.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread