An engine servicing facility for the JGL
Thanks for all the encouraging replies. I have not as yet decided on a pillaster or downspouts. I know brick structures use pillasters but I am not sure about cinder block, hence my hesitation. For now I am working on extending the roofs, and some basic detailing for the interior, which I do not think I will light, but am still not sure! What I m thinking is to get the structure in place on the layout with the roofs, at leadt on the extended stalls, not in place, but ready to glue in place. Leaving them not glued in doesn't seem to be a viable option, as when the structure is slightly bumped, they tend to fall. But with the structure in place and the roof panels sitting on top I will see what the view thru the rear windows is like. I'm going to put a line of lockers on one of the extended side walls, the one with the angle most favoring viewing. The other extended side wall has a door in the center, and I have an air compressor casting I will place to the side of the door. That's going to be the extent of interior detailing I think. If I can add lights thet will accent loco fronts and these up close details, I may do so. Here are a few pics, the kit roof with the roof extension next to it (the kit roof is 60 thousanths so is easy to match up) I realized that if I left the roof like this, the exhaust stacks would no longer be over the loco front. So I cut up the roof sections as shown in the next pic. Last pic is one locker I made up, only raised detail is the strip around the edges. The louvers and handle are just painted on, and none to well. However I am sure it will look ok thru the windows, if they are even visable!

Messages In This Thread