Introducing The PistonBroke Line
Hello All,
Thanks for the unbiased Icon_lol comments that the Pistonbroke Line has received this last week, it is truly encouraging for the founders. Big Grin

Tom, I have not had a problem as yet with the peco switches, and they are the only switches I have had any experience with with so I cannot compare anything else. I have modified them as per Allan Gartners method for DCC running on those I have put tortoise motors under.

Gary, I only wish I had a basement as big as some of you guys to fill with trains. Misngth ... You have no idea of the negotiations that took place to secure my little piece of realestate from the "War Office", 790_smiley_picking_a_fight

And Lynn, the Shell went back over the decoder and she is still running, so something was done nearly right.

OK ... back to the trains, 2285_

So we were going to fill in this back corner
[Image: 100_0710.jpg]
Yep there was a big gap where the backboards didn't meet so a filler was cut and welded in there, rather crudely as it turned out, ...but hey the hammer and nails man is nowhere to be seen when you need him.
Maybe a bit of scenery up there will hide the join a bit ,

But first lets see if a hill is a good idea
[Image: 100_0712.jpg]

Then a bit of plastercloth
[Image: 100_0714.jpg]

Don't really know what I will do here but first we will see if

Some paint and coloured plaster help at all
[Image: 100_0724.jpg]
Maybe Nope an I thought Jack let that photographer go last week, but seems like he's still here.

Still we pressed on

and joined the cliffs up to the rise we had going
[Image: 100_0728.jpg]
It was still not happening for me Shoot but decided to continue, to see where we end up. Notice all that stuff in the foreground which was built first. ( but I seem to have overlooked,.......... maybe next post) It was making it very difficult to plan that background scene. Wallbang yep that looks like Jack again, being a Smart and daintily precise modeler. ........
....Oh, so that's why you dont model the easy bits in the front first............... 'cause you keep knocking it all over. Shoot Hellllp.
Next Jack put some N scale houses up there to see if it would fade the scene into the background
[Image: 100_0729.jpg]

"You definitely need more paint" says the War Office Nope
"I know it Still looks ordinary", says I " I was just about to do that" and as for the War Office.. Ive told her many a time,
"Women and Chooks should never see a project half finished"
So out with the paint box and a few deft? strokes with the brush..
to try and hide a bit more of the obvious
[Image: 100_0735.jpg]
And
[Image: 100_0737.jpg]
And
[Image: 100_0742.jpg]

a few more mountains in the background some trees
[Image: 100_0734.jpg]
and
[Image: 100_0741.jpg]

A few trees
[Image: 100_0767.jpg]

maybe from a distance now it is looking better
[Image: 100_0914.jpg]
NOT REALLY
But I reckon the idea will stay. and I'm sure the "War office " will help me plant more trees, shrubs, grass etc up there in time to come. Icon_lol
'cause shes got green fingers .......come to think of it..........

OK people, I think all have gone to bed in this household now, so after all the encouragement Jack got last week, and while its all quite I think I will sneak off to the Train room, and blast that hole thru the fuse box. Shoot

Goodnight.

Gelignite Jack
LIFE....
..... Abandon the search for truth
Look for a good fantasy

Messages In This Thread