Looks like google predicts the end of model trains
radivil Wrote:At the same time, and I'm even going to throw this out as a professional opinion (I'm an analyst that deals with this sort of stuff from time to time), the conclusion is flawed. The main issue is that no one, no one, just searches "model railroad." They're looking at targeted searches for related terms. Real growth in the hobby is probably very low. But at the same time, the demographic that is interested in it is getting much more technologically savvy. This is a very important part. They're becoming less and less likely to just mash "MODEL TRAIN" and instead start searching things like "Athearn GP38-2."....

...The data being discussed here is way more complicated than anyone seems to think it is.

I had posted this elsewhere and was immeadiately called out for that exact reason. I almost immeadiately regretted the posting (both here and elsewhere) for that reason as soon as I woke up that morning.

Good thing none of my statistics professors come here..... and personally I should know better. I major in Biosciences, and posting up such misleading data is wrong, and i would never do it there. I shouldn't have done it here either.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread